The Last Straw
All ages are welcome.
Bring the whole family and experience bales of fun at the Gregg House Museum. Most activities are FREE!
• make a scarecrow (nominal fee)
• decorate a pumpkin (sponsored by Westmont Chamber of Commerce)
• pan for gold or minerals (nominal fee)
• create cool crafts, make rope
• learn about life in the past
• play old-fashioned games
• Treat yourself to some home-made goodies at the bake sale
• take a hay ride
• Enjoy some music
• make rope
• create cool crafts
The Garden Club of Downers Grove will help you make a great scarecrow for your yard. An $10 fee includes a pillow case for the head, straw, a wood stand, hay and various materials. Please bring clothes (pants, shirt) and any unique items you’d like to use to decorate your scarecrow. Items should be environmentally friendly (no perishable goods) and weather resistant. We have extra clothes on hand to share.